Monday 26 October 2015

Short Novel: Bittersweet Love - I


Bittersweet Love - First Story.
This is a practice story that I wrote in the middle of
the night during early hours of morning. This is my first
short story that'll start up this blog. ~ Enjoy Reading!




Night was creeping from the streets, the first snowflakes of the fall were floating down in a silent dance. A woman looked outside the window, sighing heavily. She came back from locking up when she heard a sound coming from the doorway. She shouted hesitantly to greet the person.

> Good evening.
< Evening.
His response came in fast, before she had time to announce that they were closed.
> I am sorry, but we are closed.
< It doesn't matter. I am here to see someone.
She said, lowering her head reverently. But when she heard his words again, her heart started racing. The man walked from the shadows to the lights of the hallways.


> Oh, I have been waiting for someone.
She spoke, holding her hands against her chest.

< Sorry that I could not keep my promise, Anna.
His words were sincere, he was holding banquet of flowers in his hands.
> It is alright. I haven't been waiting for long.
She did not know how to react. She thought she had lost him forever.

They walked towards the main hall of the library while almost holding each other from hands.
Both were blushing, speaking in an innocent tone like they were teenagers.

< Anna...
< … is it really you?
> Uh-uh, a long time no see Mike.
< It is that time when we were supposed to meet. I brought you something.
> I can see that.
< And here, your present.
> Thank you.
> I am sorry, but I don't have anything for you.
< It is alright.

They sat down on the chairs, holding hands. The two pairs of eyes connected with each other. Telling a tale of longing. Of an anguish. A hot frozen heart, melted in an instant; emotions lost in past, blazing into a life anew.

< Anna, you know.
< I am sorry.
His words were sad, and regretful.
> About?
Her words were happy and tender.

< Everything.
> It is alright, I am happy for this moment.
He warped his hand around her shoulder. She placed her face against his chest. Closing her eyes.

< Me too. It feels like we are all alone in this world. Just the two of us.
His voice was warm and full of life.
> Uh-uh. I really wish we could be like this forever.
Those words made him really happy, he moved his hands across her hair. Giving a tender kiss on top of her forehead.

< That had been my wish from since the beginning.
He sounded like he had found solace; while a dark memory flashed over her head. She opened her lips to ask him.

> Mike … Is that really you?
> Mike?
> Mike!?

She opened her eyes, staring at the empty hall. A banquet of flowers placed next to her. She could still feel his sweet scent inside her head. But he had been dead for four years. Drummed by loud heartbeats she walked by to the window; holding onto the flowers. She saw a character wave at her, before disappearing in the snowing night.

No comments:

Post a Comment