Friday 30 October 2015

Halloween Special - Yandere Edition!


Happy Halloween! Here is something little to get you on the right mood for the festivities! Enjoy.  
(This story is purely a work of fiction...)

The picture is of a real world haunted place, just for the occasion of Halloween.



“Tip – Tip – Tip” … A dripping sound echoed in darkness.
“Cli – Cli – Cli” … Somewhere metal was clattering.
“Tshshhssss” … A gas pipe leaked in the hallway.

It felt like I was having the worst hangover of my life. I was disoriented, confused; with no memory of what had happened. My consciousness was floating in an endless black. Regaining consciousness changed nothing. It was damp and cold, and worst of all I was blind like a bat. I wanted to vomit but as I extended my body forward; a loud sound echoed in the dark room, “Clink”.

That sound. That “Clink” reminded me of something familiar. I bit my lips, and I could feel the sensation of pain emanating from my mouth, it was real; but my hands still felt numb.
I tried moving my hands again and again. It sounded like rustling of chains. «Are these handcuffs?»

The voice of a metal pipe falling down in the darkness, accelerated my heartbeat into a climax. I shouted in primal fear: “Help! HELP! Anyone!?”

No one answered to my besought. Fear and uncertainty begun twisting my throat. Breathing became harder. The panic looped the state, until at it's apex I felt acidic burn in my throat; my body pushed forward and I threw up on the floor. I coughed violently, some of the spew got into my windpipe.

But it did not have a bad taste to it, and the smell was more pleasant than the compulsive rotten odor inside this damp hole. Maybe it had been a hour? A day. Or only fifteen minutes. There was no way to be certain about the time. The unpleasant disposition and my imagination together eventually drove me to the brink of insanity; making me scream like a mad man for help. For as long as my throat could make a sound, I screamed.

Help never came.


- - -

I woke up to a distant sound. It was footsteps, I was sure of it. I tried to shout for help; but it was like needles in my throat. My heartbeat drummed against my eardrums louder for each step. And then the sound of footfall stopped. My heart kept beating.

A blinding flash of light was pointing against my face but I kept my eyes closed. A mellowly sweet and alluring scent filled the air, turning me to lower my guard. As I opened my eyes, I could see petite hands and a cute handkerchief; in gentle swipe, it cleaned my mouth. It had to be a girl, I hoped.

My eyes hadn't gotten used to the bright light, so seeing anything was impossible; especially since I couldn't use my hands to block the light. She teased me by pointing the light against my face. “Why are you doing this! Help me! Let me out!” I pleaded desperately.

She moved the light away. A quiet hushing voice filled the empty room and she begun walking away. Panic and fear of being left alone in here struck my whole being.


“Please, don't leave me!” She stopped halfway; I could hear a shy girlish voice asking: “Do you mean that?”, in a whispering tone.

“Yes! Please, don't go anywhere!” She moved to the side. Flipping a light switch, and in a sudden flash the whole room was bright as a day. It took me a moment to adjust but what I saw, shocked me from the core.

«Wait!? I knew her! She was... She was... Alice, that girl. That girl that never spoke much. What was the meaning of this.»

Alice?” I asked. I was confused; but she appeared calm like a pond, and eerily beautiful. Her long black hair was something, I really enjoyed. If she had ever talked with me before, I could've maybe even asked her out.

«What was she up to? This was not normal. Did someone force her to do this? »

“You... know my name?” Alice blushed, she held her arms across her chest, squirming from happiness. That smile, that smile was not natural.

“Alice...” I spoke, but I was tangled both in my thoughts and words.

“Yes? Don't worry, I know everything about you Danny.” Her voice, was so assuring that it was creeping the hell out of me.

“E-everything?” I gulped.

“Your favorite color is blue. You like pop music. You can't swim but you love being at the beach. Oh – Happy Birthday, my dear Danny!”

«Is it now October 31st? This must be a bloody sick birthday party surprise combined with a Halloween. I think it's best to play along.»

I pulled a deep breath. Looking at the girl, and giving her an reassuring smile: “Thank you, dear Alice!”

Her face appeared like it was bursting from happiness. She took hesitant steps closer. She had a silvery necklace hanging over her neck, it was the key. Her smile was absolutely stunning and her scent was even nicer up close. «It had to be a prank, what else could it be.»

She pulled in. In the cold cellar her body warmth felt heavenly and it shred away all my fears and doubt.

Happy birthday.” She panted, I could smell her heavy breathing as she pushed her lips against mine. How could I not have resisted such temptation. Her luscious lips had just turned the twisted situation upside down. A swarm of butterflies flattered inside my stomach. I could tell from the kiss that she cared for me – deeply. It felt like that affection poured from my lips into my veins, infecting my heart with a dark love.

Did I really have a crush on her. Did she just confess her feelings at me? I could hear a clicking sound coming from behind my back, she opened my handcuffs.

She took a step backwards, observing me with a smile. I stood up; kissing her again, this time from my initiative.

If I had known better, following my hormones there was a mistake. Or perhaps, it was the only way for my survival.

Little I knew that she had concealed a weapon nearby. Alice masked the whole event as a “birthday” surprise, and she had masked it well, with no loose-ends whatsoever. Along with a love confession she made, I was fooled to think that this was all planned by my closest friends. Later at that evening we had a big Halloween party, put together by Alice.

And I never learned the truth that once, before Alice came along; there was a girl that had fallen in love with me. She was buried underneath the same basement where Alice kept me that day. Murdered by Alice. That stench inside the room, that odor that my spew had concealed was … her.

To be continued on next Halloween?


No comments:

Post a Comment